- West Hartford’s ‘Monday Memory’
- Six Charged in Connection with Death of UConn Student from West Hartford
- Billy Crystal Will Host Event to Benefit Jonathan’s Dream
- Bridge Family Center Awarded Major Grant from Hartford Foundation for Public Giving
- NWC Hurdler Wins State Open with Record Performance
- Conard Acting Students Spend the Day as Fictional Characters
Town of West Hartford Departments Get New Names
The new names for several Town of West Hartford departments are more in line with modern industry standards.
By Ronni Newton
The West Hartford Town Council voted unanimously Tuesday night to amend the town’s Code of Ordinances to officially change the names of several departments to be more straightforward and in line with modern industry standards.
The Department of Employee Services – which incorporates human resource functions for both the town as well as West Hartford Public Schools – will now be called the Department of Human Resources.
The Department of Community Services will in the future be known as the Department of Community Development.
The Department of Human Services, which has often been confused with the Department of Human Resources, will become the Department of Social Services.
“We are doing this at no cost,” Town Manager Ron Van Winkle said. Existing stationery and other items with the old department names will be used up before new supplies are ordered, he said.
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford!