Blue Back Square Happenings Lifestyle

West Hartford Will Turn Pink Thursday

The sixth annual Pink Party will be held on Oct. 6, 2017, in Blue Back Square. Photo credit: Ronni Newton
liam sweeney 2017 cube
gop cube 2017
chris barnes 2017 cube
Watkinson ad 1 2017

The Sixth Annual Pink Party, benefitting Komen New England, will be held in West Hartford’s Blue Back Square on Thursday, Oct. 5, 2017.

By Ronni Newton

Thousands of people will “pink out” in West Hartford Thursday night to officially kick off Breast Cancer Awareness month at a “party with a purpose” in Blue Back Square from 5-8 p.m. on Oct 5.

The Pink Party is free and open to the public, and it’s also fun while at the same time focusing on breast cancer awareness. Many exhibitors (click here for a complete list) will be handing out “pink” items as well as providing valuable health-related information.

Entertainment will be provided by the Shaded Soul Band, and there will also be food and drink tastings as well as other giveaways, T-Shirt Press, face painting, and raffle prizes with proceeds supporting Komen New England.

“Print your own t-shirts” are available for purchase at $20 (while supplies last) with proceeds benefiting Komen New England. 

Thirty local breast cancer survivors will appear in the evening’s highlighted activity: strolling the pink carpet in a fashion show featuring the latest clothing and accessories from area retailers, with hair and make-up styles donated by local salons. Several survivors will also participate in a dance performance sponsored by Arthur Murray Dance Center. [Editor’s note: I am one of the survivor models, and am thrilled to participate in this event for the fifth time.]

“Susan G. Komen New England is committed to the local fight against breast cancer,” Lori van Dam, CEO of Komen New England said in a news release about the event. “Pink Party is not only a great event that supports Komen New England’s mission to save lives and end breast cancer, but it’s a fun evening celebrating survivors and thrivers and honoring those we’ve sadly lost. Komen New England is grateful to The Hartford Courant, the businesses in Blue Back Square and the town of West Hartford, who give so much of their time and effort to put on this event.”

According to Komen New England, 75 percent of the organizations net proceeds support local programs, while the remaining 25 percent is invested in research focused on causes and cures for breast cancer.

For more information about the organization, visit Komennewengland.org.

In the event of rain, the Pink Party will be rescheduled for Oct. 6. For more details, including a schedule of activities, visit www.pinkpartyct.com.

Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Geico cube david johnson 2017
jcc nathan englander ad
adventure with God
jcc After Anatevka
kaoud cube
ct forum laughter ad
jcc gene machine cube
klaus larsen cube ad
Jeff Brand State Farm 2017 cube

About the author

We-Ha

We-Ha.com is the place to go for the latest information about West Hartford – a town that "has it all"! We-Ha.com is part of and proud of our community, and we bring a hyperlocal focus to news and features about the people, schools, businesses, real estate, sports, restaurants, charitable events, arts, and more. Contact us at: [email protected] or [email protected]

Leave a Comment

Shares
mary fay mobile
beth kerrigan mobile 2017
liam sweeney mobile
davidoff mobile ad
ethel walker mobile
kaoud leaderboard
state farm leaderboard
keating leaderboard ad
French Cleaners Mobile ad
jp carrol mobile ad