Thursday and Friday collections will be impacted, and other town services in West Hartford will be impacted by the Thanksgiving holiday.
Nov. 24, 2022 Closings – Thanksgiving
Municipal offices, senior centers, community center, recreation facilities, and libraries will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 24, 2022 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
West Hartford Public Schools are closed on Thursday and Friday.
West Hartford Reservoir, located at 1420 Farmington Avenue, and Reservoir #6, located off Route 44/Albany Avenue in West Hartford, will be closed on Thanksgiving.
Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, the collection of trash, recyclable items, and bulky/metal collections will be delayed one day after the holiday. The normal Thursday collection will be done on Friday, Nov. 25, and Friday’s collection will be done on Saturday, Nov. 26. No other collection days are affected during this holiday week or the following week.
Please check the website, www.painesinc.com or call Paine’s, Inc. at 860-844-3000 with any questions.
Closing at 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 23
Closed – Thursday, Nov. 24
Friday Closings – Nov. 25
- Elmwood Senior Center
- Bishops Corner Senior Center
- Elmwood Community Center
- West Hartford Public Schools administrative offices
Friday Openings – Nov. 25
On Friday, Nov. 25, the following facilities will be open:
- Noah Webster Library, 20 South Main Street, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.; Bishops Corner and Faxon libraries are open 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Town Hall, 50 South Main Street, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Yard Waste & Recycling Center, 7 a.m.-4:30 p.m., and will also be open on Saturday, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Recreation facilities will be open, including Skating Rink, Westmoor Park and Cornerstone Aquatics Center. Visit their websites for hours of operation.
“Town of West Hartford wishes you a very Happy Thanksgiving!”
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford! Click the blue button below to become a supporter of We-Ha.com and our efforts to continue producing quality journalism.