In 2017 the Fourth of July falls on a Tuesday, and most public and private offices are closed while many retail operations are open.
By Ronni Newton
Tuesday, July 4, 2017, is a Federal holiday, and most non-retail businesses will be closed in observance of Independence Day.
Trash and recycling collection will be delayed by one day beginning July 4 for those with Tuesday through Friday pick-up. Tuesday’s collections will be done on Wednesday, Wednesday’s collections will be done on Thursday, with each remaining day of the week one day later. Collection on Monday, July 3 is not impacted. Visit the website www.painesinc.com or call Paine’s, Inc. at (860) 844-3000 with any questions.
Weekly recycling begins effective July 1; there are no more A and B designations and residents should put out their blue barrel with their trash barrel every week.
The following will be closed on Tuesday:
- West Hartford Town Hall and other town offices
- West Hartford Public Library
- State offices
- Most banks
- Financial markets
- State Courts
- Federal offices
- United States Post Office
The following will be open on Tuesday but may have special hours of operation:
- Many retails stores, including Westfarms mall, but checking in advance is advised
- Most drug stores
- Most liquor stores
- Most supermarkets
- West Hartford parks and public pools at Beachland, Fernridge, Kennedy, and Eisenhower parks, as well as splash pads at West Hartford parks
- State and municipal parks
Enjoy the holiday!
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford!