West Hartford Community Partnerships, which is a division of the town’s Social Services Department, will determine eligibility based on income levels.
West Hartford Leisure Services is offering a Scholarship Fund Program for qualified West Hartford residents, and eligibility for this program is managed by West Hartford Community Partnerships, a division of Social Services.
A 75% discount may be used for a Leisure Services program, with a maximum of four weeks in the summer. Programs include summer camps, swim lessons and special interest camps. It does not apply to memberships, senior special events or swim passes.
In addition, a 75% discount may be applied to one program per season in the fall, winter and spring, as long as funds are available. The total yearly benefit available is $600 per eligible child (18 and under) or $200 per eligible senior citizen (65 and over). For more information on programs or the scholarship fund, please contact Leisure Services at 860-561-7510.
To receive assistance through the Scholarship Fund, follow this 3-step process:
Step 1: Apply for Eligibility. The Community Partnerships Division of Social Services manages the Scholarship Application process. Call West Hartford Community Partnerships Division to determine your eligibility at 860-561-7569 or 860-561-7564. A Scholarship Authorization Form will be completed and kept on file for one year from the date of application. Income eligibility must be checked yearly. The benefits cap resets on June 1, at the beginning of summer each year.
Step 2: Create a RecDesk Account. If you have not already done so, create a family account with our online Leisure Services registration portal, RecDesk. If you are not sure if you have an account, call Leisure Services at 860-561-7510. Once Step 1 and 2 are complete, move to Step 3.
Step 3: Select & Register for a Camp or Program. Take a look at our Leisure Services Program Guide and take note of the Program # assigned to the camp or program you are interested in on the Registration Form. Next, call our office to make a registration appointment. Registration tip: if your child has an Epi-pen, bring a doctor’s note confirming the prescription with you to your appointment. Bring your Scholarship Authorization Form, RecDesk Account information, Program Choice(s), Registration Form and your payment method. Call 860-561-7510, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM to set up an appointment.
For more information:
- For eligibility requirements or the qualification process, please contact Community Partnerships at 860-561-7569 or 860-561-7564. Information is also available online here.
- For programs and registration with scholarship, please contact Leisure Services at 860-561-7510.
- Scholarship Authorization form: https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1623773775/westhartfordctgov/fysmgcjbxwjkgfgbjyju/Scholarship-Form.pdf
- Registration Form: https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1623770014/westhartfordctgov/c84vpqknnz5iodradv6j/WHLS-REGISTRATION-FORM.pdf
- RecDesk: https://westhartford.recdesk.com/Community/Home
- Summer Program Guide: https://e.issuu.com/embed.html?d=west_hartford_spring_summer_2021&hideIssuuLogo=true&u=westhartfordct
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford! Click the blue button below to become a supporter of We-Ha.com and our efforts to continue producing quality journalism.