All graphic designers are invited to design the official 2015 Celebrate West Hartford 5K t-shirt.
By Ronni Newton
The 28th running of the Celebrate West Hartford 5K will take place on Sunday, June 7, 2015, and one lucky graphic designer will have the privilege of seeing an estimated 1,000 runners wearing their unique design.
The Celebrate West Hartford Road Race Steering Committee is doing something new this year – inviting graphic designers to submit entries for a design for the official 5K race shirt.
According to the committee, the winner have their design imprinted on the shirts and will also receive a $250 gift card to (and courtesy of) Jerry’s Artarama of CT.
Designs will go on the bodice area of front of the shirt only (sponsor logos go on the back), and must be submitted by May 1, 2015. For details see the terms and conditions listed below.
The annual Celebrate West Hartford race will be held on Sunday, June 7, 2015, and includes a kids fun run as well as the 5K. The USATF certified 5K course takes runners from Blue Back Square through the Webster Hill neighborhood and north on South Main Street, finishing on Burr Street adjacent to West Hartford Town Hall.
Registration and a post-race reception will be held at Whole Foods Market, 50 Raymond Rd., West Hartford, CT. For more information about the 5K and Kids Fun Run, please visit www.celebratewesthartford.com.
T-Shirt Design Contest Terms & Conditions:
- Celebrate! WH 5K T-shirt graphic design contest runs from April 1-May 1, 2015
- Design is intended for the bodice of the front side only (back will be reserved for sponsor logos)
- Submitted artwork must be your own original creation
- Dimensions should not exceed 12” x 12”
- Images should be designed for black & white printing
- Multiple entries by same artist may be submitted
- Entries must be submitted with a signed Artist Information Form and Release. Contact CWH for a form.
- Contest winner will receive a $250 gift certificate to Jerry’s Artarama of CT courtesy of Jerry’s Artarama of CT
- Submit entries and release form by May 1, 2015 to CWH Road Race Committee c/o Linda Geisler, 50 South Main Street, West Hartford, CT 06107, [email protected], 860-561-7512
Guidelines for computer generated artwork:
- Adobe Illustrator files. Make your artwork the size you want the print to be.
- Native Adobe Illustrator .ai files, vector .eps and .pdf are preferred formats for screen printing
- Set document Color Mode to CMYK
- All fonts converted to outlines
- Images you send must be 200 – 300 dpi scaled to the size you want printed. Send them as separate files or embeded, not linked
- Images for screen printing and Photoshop files
- Set Color Mode to CMYK, grayscale or black and white bitmaps
- All images are at least 200 – 300 dpi at print size
- Save files as .eps, .pdf, .tiff or unflattened Photoshop files. Do not downsample when saving pdfs.
- Rasterize fonts in Photoshop
- JPEG files must be 300 dpi at print size.
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford!
[…] Celebrate West Hartford Road Race Committee held a contest for design of this year’s race shir… that will be given to the first 800 5K registrants (requested size not […]
[…] Celebrate West Hartford Road Race Committee held a contest for design of this year’s race shirt, a… that will be given to the first 800 5K registrants (requested size not […]
[…] the first time ever, the Celebrate West Hartford Road Race Steering Committee held a contest other than a race – and provid…, and Conard junior Andrew Hollerbach’s winning design now appears on all 800 shirts that are […]