The atmosphere of the sixth annual Taste of Elmwood was relaxed, welcoming, and fun, thanks in part to the wonderful hospitality by Figure 8 Properties, as well as the professional accessorizing by Boppers and A Special Place Floral Design Studio.
By Joy Taylor
The crowd was hungry, the food was delicious, and the attendees were ready to mingle at the sixth annual Taste of Elmwood, with a new presenting sponsor this year – Thomas Fahy Insurance Associates.
Special thanks to the chefs who made it possible:
- New this year, Nummy was a hit with spicy noodles with chicken and rice bowls
- Classic Cakes by Carol Murdock had crowd-pleasing cupcakes and cookies
- Chick-Fil-A served kale salad and chicken tenders, and their special chocolate chip cookies
- The Corner Pug brought several types of chicken wings, and at the last minute decided to also bring Shepherd’s Pie (an excellent and very popular choice)
- Café Louise had an extraordinary selection of savory finger foods, as well as delicious cookies
- Shake Shack served up impossible-to-resist handmade frozen custard from their famous shakes
“Everyone had more than enough to eat,” commented organizer Tom Hickey with WHMedia and #wehaevents. “This event is near and dear to my heart. I grew up in this town and I love putting the spotlight on all of the amazing food in Elmwood. We are so pleased to have the expertise and ideas from event producers at Boppers.”
Even if you didn’t attend, you can still participate in the drawing to support The Taste of Elmwood/The Elmwood Business Association. Participating restaurants and sponsors donated gift certificates for return visits to the “taste” more amazing food. Please click here to support, and good luck!
Purchase does not guarantee you’ll win, but more chances will increase your odds of winning. Winners will be contacted on Tuesday, February 12, 2019 and gift cards may be picked up by Friday, February 15, 2019 at NUMMY, 1160 New Britain Ave, West Hartford, CT 06110, during normal business hours.
All beverages were served by Two Pour Guys (cash bar) and chair massage was offered by Nurturing Hands.
Coat check was sponsored by Stanger Stanfield Law.
THANK YOU SPONSORS:
- Blue Back Square
- Central Connecticut State University
- Eagan, Donohue, Van Dyke & Falsey
- French Cleaners
- Lux Bond & Green
- The McAuley
- Robin Gebrian William Raveis R.E.
- Sheehan Hilborn Breen Funeral Home
Plus: Todd Fairchild/Shutterbug CT, Merchant Solutions, Experience We-Ha, Jewish Ledger, Eat in CT, Turley, We-Ha.com, and WeHa Magazine.
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford!