The West Hartford Fire Department responded to a fire in a single family home on Sunday afternoon.
By Ronni Newton
A fire in the kitchen of a single-family home in West Hartford on Sunday afternoon was quickly brought under control, Acting Deputy Chief William Beebe said in an email.
According to Beebe, what appeared to be a kitchen fire at 362 Oakwood Ave. was reported on Oct. 9 at approximately 12:30 p.m. by a passerby who called 911.
Crews were on the scene in less than four minutes, Beebe said, and immediately began aggressively attacking the fire as well as checking to ensure that there was no one inside the home.
Officials confirmed that only one elderly resident had been at the home, and had self-evacuated by the time units arrived. Neither the resident, nor any firefighters, were injured due to the incident, Beebe said.
Multiple units responded to the scene, aggressively attacking it from the interior, Beebe said, and quickly getting the fire under control.
The UConn and Hartford fire departments provided mutual aid covering the town while crews were engaged, and AMR ambulance also responded along with West Hartford Police, Eversource, and Connecticut Natural Gas.
Assistant Chief and Fire Marshal Robert Grimaldi. is leading the investigation of the blaze.
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford! Click the blue button below to become a supporter of We-Ha.com and our efforts to continue producing quality journalism.
Leave a Comment