The West Hartford Fire Department responded to a structure fire late Sunday afternoon. [Updated, 9:30 p.m.]
By Ronni Newton
The West Hartford Fire Department was on scene within four minutes and quickly knocked down a fire in a bedroom at a single family home late Saturday afternoon.
The fire at 9 Clarendon Ave. was reported at 4:30 p.m. Sunday, and Quint 3 arrived at 4:34 p.m. Engines 1, 2, and 5, as well as the battalion chief and the training/safety captain also responded to the scene.
Fire Chief Greg Priest – who took over the chief’s job on Saturday – said that the residence was occupied when crews arrived on the scene.
“There were multiple people in the house,” Priest said. He said the fire was knocked down quickly and there were no injuries to occupants or firefighters. The fire was contained the room of origin, he said.
Priest said Sunday evening that the fire was determined to have been accidental, and was caused by a faulty piece of electrical equipment.
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford!