Hartford Domestic Violence Agency Interval House, impacted by state budget cuts, will get a much-needed boost from a West Hartford law firm’s ‘Spring Caring’ campaign.
Stanger & Associates, LLC, a West Hartford law firm with concentrations in family law, legal malpractice and employment law, is pleased to announce the launch of its Spring Caring campaign to benefit Interval House, Connecticut’s largest
In an effort to provide Interval House with much needed donations for the spring and summer months, Stanger & Associates is encouraging the community to take a break from its traditional spring cleaning and participate in its ‘Spring Caring’ campaign.
“This is an organization that has spent nearly 40 years providing extensive services for victims of domestic violence,” says Bruce Stanger, founder of Stanger & Associates. “As we open the windows to our homes this spring to enjoy the sounds of the birds and allow the fresh air in we are reminded that there are so many who are forced out of their homes in need of a safe place to live.”
“This campaign couldn’t have come at a better time,” said Cecile Enrico, Interval House’s Executive Director. “We just learned from the state our budget has been cut nearly $20,000 for this current fiscal year. Getting last-minute cuts like this is devastating as that money is earmarked for life-saving services. For us to be successful supporting victims of domestic violence we need the support of the community and the Spring Caring campaign will provide us with those essential items people need to rebuild their lives free from violence.”
Since 1977, Interval House has served victims of domestic violence – mostly women and children who were psychologically or physically battered by their partner. The nonprofit organization is dedicated to providing services to prevent and break the cycle of family and intimate partner violence and abuse.
Since then, Interval House estimates it has helped more than 210,000 victims of domestic violence. In addition to providing emergency shelter, Interval House provides counseling for victims and advocates in both the criminal and civil court system.
“We are so grateful to Mr. Stanger, his firm and the community for recognizing the incredible need we have right now,” said Rosemary Padin, Director of Development for Interval House. “With the recent State budget cuts social services was hit hard. We are now operating with less, yet those who require help has never been greater.”
Stanger & Associate, which represents a number of non-profit organizations, is committed to giving back to the community. “We are honored to support the incredible work done by the folks at Interval House,” says Stanger. Stanger & Associates will match the approximate value of donations received up to $3,600.
Some of the most needed items include:
- Pot and Pans – commercial grade
- Corelle dishes livingware “winter frost”
- Heavyweight Electric can opener
- Kitchen knife set
- Microware – commercial grade
- Trash cans 13.5-gallon swing lid
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Tea kettle – 2 quart
- Vacuum Cleaner
- Gift Cards – Grocery, Stop & Shop, Shop Rite, Price Rite, Price Choppers, Sam’s Club, etc.
- Gift Cards – Walgreens, CVS, Gas, Wal-Mart, Target, and American Express & Visa, etc.
- Bus Passes
- Pajamas – spring/ summer fabrics – all sizes (women & children)
- Slippers – all sizes (women & children)
- Female personal care items
- Bed Pillows
- Twin Sheets / Blankets
- Umbrellas (folding size)
- Cleaning Products – bleach, Pine-Sol, Lysol, Fantastic, etc.
- Cleaning Supplies – mops, brooms, cleaning brushes, sponges
- Detergent – washing machine
- Detergent – dish washing (automatic & regular)
- Liquid hand soap
- Lysol spray and wipes (or any other disinfectant brand)
- Paper towels/Toilet tissue/Kleenex
- Paper goods – dishes, cups, napkins, plastic flatware, etc.
- Plastic garbage bags- tall, large & 55+ sizes
Donations can be dropped off at:
Stanger & Associates, LLC
433 South Main Street, Suite 112
West Hartford, CT 06110
For more information on the Spring Caring campaign you can go to www.stangerlaw.com/spring-