The career open house is scheduled for Oct. 24 at the West Hartford Police Department Headquarters.
Submitted by West Hartford Police
The West Hartford Police Department, as have police organizations in general, seen a dramatic decrease in the number of applicants interested in a position with the department as a police officer. With the goal of increasing the number of applicants and to attract applicants that have not previously considered a career in law enforcement the department will be hosting an Career Open House on Saturday, Oct. 24, 2015, from noon until 4 p.m. The event will consist of:
- An explanation of what the hiring process is like from our Employee Services
- What standards and qualifications the department from a background investigator.
- A chance to learn about the daily activities of a police officer from a recently hired police officer.
- A tour of the department
- Equipment displays
- A chance to discuss career opportunities with various members of the police department
- A chance to pick up a hiring packet from the department.
Light refreshments will be served.
This is being sponsored by the Employee Services Division of the Town of West Hartford and the West Hartford Police Department.