The Town of West Hartford is advising residents that applications are now open for the CT Child Tax Rebate.
he 2022 CT Child Tax Rebate, which was recently authorized by the Connecticut General Assembly and signed into law by Governor Ned Lamont, is a one-time rebate that is intended to help Connecticut families with children.
You may be eligible for a child tax rebate of up to a maximum of $750 ($250 per child, up to three children) if you meet all of the following requirements:
- You must be a resident of Connecticut;
- You must have claimed at least one child as a dependent on your 2021 federal income tax return who was 18 years of age or younger; and
- You must meet certain income thresholds.
To assist you in determining if you qualify for a child tax rebate, the Department of Revenue Services has developed an application, which will be available through July 31, 2022. Click here to get started
To complete the application, you will need the following information:
- Your federal adjusted gross income from your 2021 federal income tax return;
- Your filing status from your 2021 federal income tax return; and
- The full name, date of birth, age as of December 31, 2021, social security number, and relationship to you of each child who was 18 years of age or younger (up to a maximum of three) you claimed as a dependent on your 2021 federal income tax return.
If you have any questions concerning the 2022 Child Tax Rebate, we encourage you to visit the Department’s website at portal.ct.gov/DRS or call the Department, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 860-297-5999.
Frequently Asked Questions: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/
Don’t miss out on this opportunity for you and your family to benefit from the child tax rebate!
Click here for an information flyer in English & Spanish
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford! Click the blue button below to become a supporter of We-Ha.com and our efforts to continue producing quality journalism.
Leave a Comment