Several West Hartford residents were among the Kingswood Oxford students recognized on May 18 for their plans to continue their sports at the collegiate level.
Submitted by Jackie Pisani, Kingswood Oxford School
The 2018 Student-Athlete College Commitment ceremony held this past Friday in Kingswood Oxford’s Alumni Hall saw 17 Wyverns commit to playing sports at the college level. That number represents 20 percent of the graduating class.
Director of Athletics Debbie Fiske said that these talented students spent endless hours crafting their game, played through sore muscles, experienced injury and recovery, and highs and lows. “Anyone can be a student, but not everyone can be a student-athlete,” she said.
The following students will play in college:
- Eloise Bavier, West Hartford and Cambridge, MA – Middlebury College, Women’s Soccer
- Ian Britt, Springfield, MA – Wagner College, Football
- Nicholas Casiano, Rocky Hill – Eastern Connecticut State University, Men’s Basketball
- James DiVirgilio, Unionville – Susquehanna University, Baseball
- Robert Downes, Rocky Hill – Vassar College, Men’s Crew
- Abigail Eberle, Burlington – St. Lawrence University, Women’s Lacrosse
- Ryan Goss, Glastonbury – Babson College, Men’s Soccer
- Noelani Jackson-Sherman, East Hartford – Wheaton College, Softball
- Julia Lantieri, Glastonbury – Endicott College, Women’s Lacrosse
- John Leuschner, West Hartford – Colby College, Football
- Dakota McMahon, Newington – Sacred Heart University, Women’s Ice Hockey
- Anthony Melody, West Hartford – Trinity College, Football
- Jackson Meshanic, Columbia – Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Men’s Basketball
- Colin Regan, Avon – Oberlin College, Men’s Lacrosse
- Jacob Rowland, Rocky Hill – Union College, Baseball
- Emma Smith, West Hartford – Wesleyan University, Women’s Volleyball
- Benjamin Tauber, Glastonbury – Middlebury College, Football
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford!