There are 22 students from West Hartford’s Hall High School who plan to continue their athletic careers at the college level. [Updated, June 5, 2020]
By Ronni Newton
Some winter sports seasons ended prematurely and spring sports were canceled completely, but athletics are still very much on the mind of Hall High School students who have committed to continuing to pursue their sports at the collegiate level.
Several of the students who will be participating in Division I or II sports signed National Letters of Intent earlier in the academic year, while others made their decisions more recently.
Students would ordinarily be recognized during a recognition ceremony at Hall, but because the school buildings are closed due to COVID-19, Athletic Director Jason Siegal and the coaches have expressed to each student how proud they are of the work the students put in to get to this point.
Siegal provided the collages of the students that can be seen above.
The following is the list of students and their planned sports participation:
- Olivia Birbara, Field Hockey, Wheaton College
- Olivia Bonee, St. Anselm, Basketball
- Flavio Clermont, Pratt Institute, Track
- Allie Crawford, Field Hockey, Ohio Wesleyan University
- Olivia Deslauriers, Basketball, Emerson College
- Will Fox, Baseball, Endicott College
- Katherine George, Boston University, Track & Field
- Jackson Grady, XC/Track, UMass
- Anne Horton, Wesleyan University, Rowing
- Noah Hurt, Hartwick College, Football
- Rose Kitz, Cross Country and Track, Tufts University
- Maggie Mantz, Swimming, University of Vermont
- Spencer Martindale, Track, Springfield College
- Aislinn Mitchell, Swimming, University of Delaware
- Chloe Nordyke, Ithaca College, Lacrosse
- Noe Ruelas, Football, UConn
- Gabe Salomons, Football, University of Rhode Island
- Connor Skarzynski, Swimming, Southern Connecticut State University
- Jenna Zydanowicz, Cross Country and Track, UConn
Hall Athletic Department Administrative Assistant Maryanne Seguro advised Friday that three additional students have also indicated their plans to participate in college athletics. They are:
- Julian DeCampos, Football, Castleton University
- Adam Hanlon, Cross Country and Track, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Harrison Margolis, Football, Castleton University
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford! Click the blue button below to become a supporter of We-Ha.com and our efforts to continue producing quality journalism.