Students from West Hartford’s Hall High School who plan to continue their athletic careers at the college level participated in a recognition ceremony Wednesday.
By Ronni Newton
A ceremony was held Wednesday afternoon at West Hartford’s Hall High School to recognize the seniors who plan to continue participating in sports at the collegiate level.
Fifteen of the 19 Hall students from the Class of 2022 who will continue as student athletes at the Division I, Division II, or Division III level were on hand for Wednesday’s ceremony, along with coaches, family, and friends.
Athletic Director Jason Siegal told the students that being able athletic careers at the collegiate level “is a testament to all of the hard work that you folks put in, all of the work your parents put in and committed to, and also your coaches.”
Siegal congratulated the student-athletes, wished them luck, and said he looks forward to following their collegiate careers.
Alluding to the vote Tuesday night by the West Hartford Board of Education to change Hall’s nickname to the Titans, Seigal said, “You will be the last class of the Warriors to go off and play, and I trust that you will take everything you’ve learned over the last four years and carry it with you, and have great careers.”
Coaches from nearly all of the sports the students have played at Hall were in the room, and gave brief testimonials to their former players, also wishing them luck. One coach shared a message by video, and others sent their thoughts in writing to be read by others.
Students planning to participate in college athletics from Hall include:
- Nora Holmes, cross country and track, University of Chicago
- Sophie Garner-MacKinnon, softball, Duke University
- Nicky Deslauriers, soccer, Southern Connecticut State University
- Kali Dominguez, swimming, Southern Connecticut State University
- Toby Ruffo, track, Bryant University
- Joseph Dooley, baseball, University of Hartford
- Nick Udell, baseball, Castleton University
- Grace Rocheleau, field hockey and lacrosse, Roger William University
- Tommy LaSpada, baseball, Westfield State University
- Kate Sanderson, cross country and track, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Walker Beverly, cross country and track, Columbia University
- McKenzie Mandyck, basketball, Hobart and William Smith Colleges
- Samuel Aronow, cross country and track, Wesleyan University
- Bridget McGann, field hockey, Connecticut College
- Leo Perreira, football, Franklin Pierce University
- Nicholas Peterson, cross country, University of Saint Joseph
- Brooke Martindale, field hockey and track, Saint Lawrence University
- Ahmad Pierce, track, Southern Connecticut State University
- Sean McDaniel, cross country and track, Springfield College
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford! Click the blue button below to become a supporter of We-Ha.com and our efforts to continue producing quality journalism.
Leave a Comment