Students from West Hartford’s Hall High School who plan to continue their athletic careers at the college level participated in a recognition ceremony Wednesday.
By Ronni Newton
A ceremony was held Wednesday afternoon at West Hartford’s Hall High School to recognize the seniors who plan to continue participating in sports at the collegiate level.
Eighteen of the 26 students who plan to be college athletes participated in the ceremony, which was attended by a large contingent of family members, friends, coaches, Principal Dan Zittoun, and West Hartford Athletic Director Jason Siegal.
“It’s a very exciting day today, to recognize all these student athletes who will be realizing their dreams of being college athletes,” Siegal said.
He urged the students to give a round of applause to those who have helped them along the way, particularly their parents who have been through a lot – “including a lot of laundry.”
“You’ll still always remain Warriors,” Zittoun told the seniors, congratulating them on their accomplishments. “You are outstanding role models for all of our students,” he said, pointing to the crowd gathered in the gym.
Many of the coaches also attended, and congratulated the students, noting their many accomplishments and the leadership they provided to teammates, and wishing them good luck at the next level.
Students attending the ceremony and pictured above were (back row, from left):
- Sam Kerrigan, lacrosse, Wheaton College
- Nolan Tibball, football, Middlebury College
- Hugh Wells, football and lacrosse, Massachusetts Maritime Academy
- Daidrien Ramos, basketball, Mitchell College
- Deanna Michaels, crew, Colgate University
- Shea Friedman, lacrosse, Cal Poly
- Ian Harker, swimming, Occidental College
- Miller Anderson, cross country and track and field, Villanova University
- Sinead Marie, field hockey, Eastern Connecticut State University
- James Marks, cross country, Dickinson College
Front row (from left):
- Trey Cormier, cross country and track and field, Dartmouth College
- James DiCrisantis, basketball, University of New England
- Olivia Bowes, track and field, UConn
- Elizabeth Pillow, field hockey, Ithaca College
- Blake Morin, track and field, Roanoke College
- Giovanna Dionicio, soccer, Yale University
- Juliette LaRock, soccer, Clarkson University
- Clay Courtmanche, soccer, University of New Hampshire
- Gavin Baker, football, Muhlenberg College
- Maya Borden, club hockey, University of Massachusetts
- Todd Cravedi, lacrosse, University of New England
- Charlie Cubbage, soccer, Bucknell
- Patrick Keith, swimming, Southern Connecticut State University
- Emily LaSpada, swimming, Assumption College
- Isaiah Perry, soccer, Goucher College
- Matthew Reynolds, cross country and track, Bates College
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford!