Free outdoor concerts are held in several West Hartford Center locations and Elizabeth Park on a regular basis throughout the summer.
Compiled by Staff
Outdoor concerts are synonymous with summer in many communities, and West Hartford has a wide variety of free offerings, from acoustic, to carillon, to jazz, to R&B, to rock. Here is a list of the upcoming free concerts we could find that are currently scheduled in West Hartford.
If we have missed anything, please add it in the comments and email [email protected] so the performance can be added to the article!
Summer Carillon Concert Series Wraps up This Week
The bells of First Church West Hartford, on 12 South Main St., ring in the summer every Thursday night in July with a free Carillon Concert Series in West Hartford Center. This year’s series wraps up at 6 p.m. on Thursday, July 28 and will feature Hartford’s own Kristin O’Connor.
All are welcome to attend and bring a chair or blanket and sit on the south lawn of the church, on the lawn of the public library next door, Blue Back Square or across the street on the Town Green. Bring a picnic if you’d like, and enjoy the fresh air as you take in a free concert from the historic church’s “bell tower.” Most concerts will last until 7:30 p.m.
For more information on the biographies of the carillonneurs, visit the First Church West Hartford website.
Families are welcome for three Tuesday nights in August, from 6 to 8 p.m. The concerts are free, but non-perishable food donations are welcome. In the event of rain, every effort will be made to move the concerts inside. Please watch the church website or Facebook page for possible changes and updates to this concert series:
- Tuesday, August 9 – Goodnight Blue Moon (60s vocal harmonies, traditional roots influences)
- Tuesday, August 16 – We Happy Few (cover band showcasing folk, rock and jazz)
- Tuesday, August 23 – Still Kickin’ and the Big City Horns (Connecticut’s premier horn band)
The Webster Walk at Blue Back Square on Isham Road will be the place to hear the following music:
- Pushing Static will perform a free outdoor concert on Saturday, July 30, 6 p.m. The band plays Indie Pop music.
- The Score will perform a free outdoor concert on Wednesday, August 3 from 7-9 p.m.
- Camp KO (Kingwood Oxford) will perform an A Cappella concert on Thursday, August 4, 12:30-2 p.m. The group will sing pop a cappella songs.
- Now for Ages will perform a free outdoor concert on Friday, August 5, 6-8 p.m. The band plays acoustic music.
- Bend It Blue Band will perform a free outdoor concert on Saturday, August 6, 7-10 p.m. The band plays blues standards and classic rock.
- Stealhead will perform a free concert on Thursday, August 11 at 7 p.m. The band plays Rock, R&B, and Jam music.
- The Accounting Crows will perform a free outdoor concert on Friday, August 12, 7-9 p.m. The band plays pop music.
- Brian Jarvis will perform a free outdoor concert on Saturday, August 13, 7 p.m.
- The West Hartford Public Library presents the popular Julia DeMichele on Tuesday, August 16, 6:30-8 p.m.
- Sonic Theory will perform a free outdoor concert on Friday, August 19, 7 p.m. The band plays Rock music.
- Auburn Mode will perform a free concert on Saturday, August 20 at 6 p.m. Stop by and enjoy the acoustic music of this band.
Concerts in Elizabeth Park
There are a few more Wednesdays to enjoy free concerts in Elizabeth Park. Bring a chair and blanket to enjoy the following Wednesday evenings, from 6:30 – 8 p.m. (Thursday Rain Date)
- Wednesday, July 27, Massconfusion
- Wednesday, August 3, Beatles Forever
- Wednesday, August 10, Locomotion
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford!