The annual Red Dress Run will begin and end in Elizabeth Park on July 13, and there will be temporary closures of West Hartford roads.
An estimated 850 women and girls will take on the annual Red Dress Run at Elizabeth Park this Saturday, July 13.
The 3.1 mile race welcomes women of all ages and abilities, starting and finishing in the beautiful Elizabeth Park Rose Garden. All participants receive a custom race shirt and a post-race party with music, ice cream, awards, freebies, and health and fitness information.
HMF FitKids races, including a timed one-mile, will be available for kids ages 2-11.
The race supports local efforts of Girls on the Run, a 10-week program for girls in third through eighth grade to help them develop essential skills and establish a lifetime appreciation for health and fitness.
Runners and walkers will be on local roads for the Red Dress Run for Women 5K, and traffic will be impacted with potential delays between 7 and 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 13.
Roads will reopen as runners pass. When possible, police will direct crossing traffic during the race.
The following areas and streets will be used for the race:
- Elizabeth Park Road 7-10:30 a.m.
- Steele Road (Asylum Avenue through Bainbridge Road) 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Asylum Avenue (Prospect Avenue through North Quaker Lane) 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Birch Road 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Chelsea Lane 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Bainbridge Road (Chelsea Lane through North Quaker Lane) 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- North Quaker Lane (Bainbridge Road through Asylum Avenue) 8:30-9:30 a.m.
For more race details visit: https://www.
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford!