The only sport for nonprofits drives new donors to support local charities through a competitive giving, bracket-style tournament running concurrently with the annual college basketball tournament, and will raise awareness and funds for West Hartford and Hartford area charities.
The ball is in your court, Hartford! This March, local residents have the opportunity to rally their favorite charitable causes to victory in an online bracket-style competitive giving tournament, Brackets For Good Hartford 2017.
Indianapolis-based Brackets For Good pairs with corporate and nonprofit sponsors to host online, bracket-style fundraising tournaments in philanthropic communities around the United States. Brackets for Good has raised more than $2.75 million for local charities since its 2012 kick-off contest in Indianapolis.
Participating nonprofits rally enthusiastic donors to out-fundraise their opponents in order to advance. Through the excitement, localized marketing, and corporate involvement; nonprofits earn increased exposure, gain access to free fundraising tools, raise funds, and meet new donors. Dollars from donors translate to points, giving participants the opportunity to advance in each market bracket.
Competing nonprofits keep donations received during tournament play, no matter how many rounds they advance. The winning organization receives an additional $10,000 Championship grant.
“Stanley Black & Decker is committed to building a better tomorrow,” said Donald Allan, Jr., Stanley Black & Decker Senior VP & Chief Financial Officer. “It’s not just the homes we help build with our tools, or the schools we protect with our security systems. It’s also a commitment to stepping up and bettering our communities. Partnering with Brackets For Good is a fun and impactful way we can support organizations that are serving the Hartford community, where many of our employees call home.”
Brackets For Good 2017 Hartford sponsors include: Stanley Black & Decker, Aetna, Express Strategies, Lids, Supporting Strategies, Bloomerang, and The Perfect Promotion.
“Brackets For Good exists because we believe that communities are strengthened when more people learn about and support local organizations that operate in service to the community,” said Reid McDowell, Partnerships & Marketing Director of Brackets For Good. “In both the for-profit and nonprofit sectors, it’s clear that Hartford organizations are dedicated to the strength and health of their community. This dedication to the community is what drove us to expand to Hartford. I’m looking forward to a fun and impactful March.”
Brackets For Good Hartford 2017 presented by Stanley Black & Decker participant list:
- Access Community Action Agency
- Achieve Hartford! LLC
- Boys & Girls Club of Bristol Family Center
- Capital City Education Alliance
- Center for Children’s Advocacy
- Channel 3 Kids Camp
- Charities of Hope, Inc.
- Children’s Law Center of Connecticut, Inc.
- Circle of Care
- Civics First, Inc.
- Community Mental Health Affiliates (CMHA)
- Community Partners in Action
- Community Renewal Team, Inc.
- Connecticut Concert Ballet Inc.
- Connecticut Council for Interreligious Understanding
- Connecticut Humane Society
- Connecticut Rivers Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Connecticut Women’s Education and Legal Fund (CWEALF)
- ConnectiKids Inc.
- Covenant Preparatory School
- Farmington Public School Foundation
- Farm to Family, AKA Gifts of Love
- Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation, Inc.
- Friends of Holcomb Farm
- Girls For Technology
- Greater New Britain Teen Pregnancy Prevention Inc.
- Hartford 2000, Inc.
- Hartford City Mission
- Hartford Food System Inc.
- Hartford Performs, Inc.
- Hartford’s Camp Courant
- Home for the Aged of the Little Sisters of the Poor
- Jordan Porco Foundation
- KELLYS KIDS INC.
- KNOX – People, Planting, Programs
- Lao American New Generation Inc.
- Leadership Greater Hartford
- Literacy Volunteers of Greater Hartford
- Literacy Volunteers of Central CT
- Mandell JCC / Jonathan’s Dream
- MARCH, Inc. of Manchester
- MARC, Inc. of Manchester
- Mental Health Connecticut, Inc.
- Mercy Housing and Shelter Corporation
- My Sisters’ Place, Inc.
- New Britain Museum of American Art
- Newington Children’s Theatre Company
- Our Piece of the Pie
- REACH Newtown Inc.
- Riverfront Recapture
- Shoreline Village CT
- The Bridge Family Center, Inc.
- The First Tee of Connecticut
- The iQuilt Partnership, LLC
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- The Mark Twain House & Museum
- The Small Things
- True Colors, Inc. Sexual Minority Youth and Family Services of CT
- Tunxis Community College Foundation
- Wheeler Clinic
Hartford is one of just 11 cities across the country that are hosting a tournament. Across the 11 city-based tournaments and the nationwide tournament, over 680 nonprofits will be participating in Brackets For Good tournaments in 2017.
Pairings were announced on Tuesday, Feb. 7 at a Brackets for Good Hartford Pep Rally, and can be viewed in the PDF below.
How to Get in the Game
Starting Feb. 24, online donations to help your favorite nonprofit organization advance in Brackets For Good and get one step closer to the $10,000 championship grant can be made by visiting https://hartford.bfg.org and making a donation. $1 equals 1 point.
About BRACKETS FOR GOOD
Brackets For Good is an Indianapolis, IN based 501(c)3 charitable organization focused on activating new donors, and increasing awareness for other nonprofit organizations through competitive, online fundraising at no cost. Since the inaugural tournament in 2012, new awareness, fundraising capacity, and over $2.75 Million dollars has been raised for hundreds of charitable organizations across the country in an innovative and fun way. For more information, visit bfg.org.