A series of clinics have been scheduled over the next several weeks in West Hartford as well as in Bloomfield.
By Ronni Newton
The West Hartford-Bloomfield Health District has scheduled 10 walk-in clinics over the next several weeks where members of the public can obtain a flu shot and/or the new bivalent COVID-19 booster shot on a walk-in basis.
Health Director Aimee Krauss said flu shots area available to anyone ages 4 and older, while two different brands of the COVID booster are available, Pfizer for ages 12 and up, and Moderna for ages 18 and up.
Public clinics in West Hartford will be held:
- Monday, Sept. 26, 9-11 a.m., Town Hall Auditorium, 50 South Main St.
- Thursday, Oct. 6, 10 a.m.-noon, Elmwood Community Center, 1106 New Britain Ave., Rooms 24-25
- Thursday, Oct. 6, 3-5:30 p.m., Town Hall Auditorium, 50 South Main St.
- Monday, Oct. 17, 1-3 p.m., West Hartford Senior Center, 15 Starkel Rd.
- Thursday, Oct. 20, 2:30-5:30 p.m., Town Hall Auditorium, 50 South Main St.
- Friday, Oct. 21, 10 a.m.-noon, Town Hall Auditorium, 50 South Main St.
Public clinics will also be held at the Bloomfield Senior Center, 330 Park Ave., on the following dates/times:
- Tuesday, Sept. 20, 9:30 a.m.-noon
- Tuesday, Sept. 27, 10 a.m.-noon
- Tuesday, Oct. 4, 10 a.m.-noon
- Tuesday, Oct. 18, 4-6 p.m.
Kraus said the following eligibility criteria also must be met:
- Individuals 18 years of age and older are eligible for a single booster dose of the Moderna bivalent COVID-19 vaccine if it has been at least two months since they have completed primary vaccination or have received the most recent booster dose with any authorized or approved monovalent COVID-19 vaccine.
- Individuals 12 years of age and older are eligible for a single booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech bivalent COVID-19 vaccine if it has been at least two months since they have completed primary vaccination or have received the most recent booster dose with any authorized or approved monovalent COVID-19 vaccine.
Anyone attending a clinic should bring identification, and any available insurance and COVID vaccination cards.
Those looking to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 5-11 should contact the Health District at 860-561-7900. The Health District is still offering the the primary series of Pfizer vaccines for children ages 5 and up, and Krauss said they do have some doses of Novavax available for a primary series. More information about vaccine eligibility can be found here: COVID-19 Vaccine Interim COVID-19 Immunization Schedule for 6 Months of Age and Older (cdc.gov).
Information about other locations offering COVID-19 vaccination can be found at vaccines.gov.
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford! Click the blue button below to become a supporter of We-Ha.com and our efforts to continue producing quality journalism.