‘Special Education Law – Addressing Challenging Behaviors in the Public School Setting,’ will be the topic of a workshop for parents at the Noah Webster Library in West Hartford on Jan. 25.
A special education workshop for parents on Thursday, Jan. 25 at 6:30 p.m. will focus on reviewing:
- The importance of evaluating a child’s behavior by conducting a Functional Behavioral Assessment (FBA)
- The procedures for conducting an FBA
- Using information from the FBA to develop a comprehensive Behavior Support Plan (BSP)
- Requesting an Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE) when the parents are not in agreement with the evaluation
- Ten quick tips to prepare for a Parent Placement Team (PPT) to review an FBA
The speaker will be Jeffrey L. Forte, Esq. from Forte Law Group, LLC, an education law and child advocacy law firm. Registration requested. For parking information, please visit: http://bit.ly/libparking. This event held at the Noah Webster Library, 20 South Main St., West Hartford.
Library Contact: Maura Beaudreault at 860-561-6974.
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford!