The MDC will hold a Household Hazardous Waste Collection event in West Hartford on Saturday, Sept. 26.
On Saturday, Sept. 26, from 8 a.m.-1 p.m., the Metropolitan District Commission (MDC) will hold a Household Hazardous Waste Collection at the Department of Public Works, 17 Brixton Street.
The event is free and open to MDC member communities.
Collect your household waste items in their original containers, place them in a box in your trunk and bring them to the collection site on Sept. 26, and MDC will handle the rest.
Typical items are kitchen cleaners, garage and workshop chemicals, and yard insecticides and hobby solvents, to name a few. Click here for a complete list.
Remember these tips:
- Do not mix different products together.
- Do not smoke in your car or near the collection area.
- Be prepared to wait between 5 and 30 minutes. Bring something to read for yourself and a game or toy to entertain your child.
NEW COVID-19 protocols when attending a 2020 MDC Household Hazardous Waste collection:
- Limit ONE person per vehicle.
- Remain in your vehicle at all times.
- Keep your windows rolled up.
- Be ready to place driver’s license against window for proof of residency.
- Place only the waste items you want removed in the trunk of your vehicle. Remove all other items.
- Workers will remove the contents and will be in full safety gear.
- Fuel containers will not be emptied and returned.
For more information, call MDC HazWaste Hotline at 860-278-3809 or visit https://themdc.org/what-we-do/
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford! Click the blue button below to become a supporter of We-Ha.com and our efforts to continue producing quality journalism.