The 12U Connecticut Cal Ripken Championships will take place at Wolcott Park in West Hartford beginning July 3.
For the first time ever, the Town of West Hartford was selected to host the 12U Connecticut Cal Ripken State Baseball Championships!
West Hartford Youth Baseball will be the host league, and games will be held at Wolcott Park July 3-8.
The 13-game, double-elimination tournament begins Saturday, July 3, as eight District teams from across the state, including WHYBL’s own 12U team (the “Walrus”), will compete for the state championship. As hosts, the WHYBL 12U team will receive a bye and play their first game at 10 a.m. on Sunday, July 4.
- You can find all details and game schedule/results here: WHYBL Hosts 12U States at Wolcott Park
- The WHYBL concession stand will be in full operation.
- Each day, a player chosen from the league’s younger divisions will throw out the first pitch.
- WHYBL is looking for local (youth) singers/musicians to sing or play the National Anthem before each game. If your child is interested, please email [email protected]
- As always, the CT Cal Ripken State Tournament will be supporting the The Jimmy Fund and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Beginning Saturday, head on over to Wolcott Park to grab something to eat, catch some great youth baseball, and support our local team. Go Walrus!
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford! Click the blue button below to become a supporter of We-Ha.com and our efforts to continue producing quality journalism.