The Hartford Golf Club Scholarship Foundation has awarded scholarships to a total of 12 students, including four from West Hartford.
On Tuesday, July 30, the Hartford Golf Club Scholarship Foundation presented $40,000 in scholarship awards to 12 students who are either student employees or immediate family members of employees of the Hartford Golf Club.
The following West Hartford residents received 2019 scholarship awards from the Hartford Golf Club Scholarship Foundation:
- Maya Barlow, a student at Denison University
- Miles Brown, a student at Dartmouth College
- Avery Sherrill, a student at James Madison University
- Abigail Wilcox, a student at the College of the Holy Cross.
In addition, the Foundation presented West Hartford residents with two of its special named awards. The Klemenz Scholar, in honor of Steve Klemenz, a former General Manager of the Hartford Golf Club, has been awarded to Avery Sherrill. The Cynthia Gordon Scholarship has been awarded to Miles Brown for his achievements in academics and other extracurricular activities and positive, “can do” attitude.
The Hartford Golf Club Scholarship Foundation awards scholarships annually and is funded primarily by donations from members and former members of the Hartford Golf Club. Applicants must be employees or immediate family members of employees who have worked for the Club for at least one full year and are evaluated based on financial need, academic performance, character recommendations, and other criteria.
Other 2019 Hartford Golf Club Scholarship Foundation award recipients include:
- Jessica Askew, a resident of Granby and student at the University of Connecticut
- Jason Barnes, a resident of Farmington and student at Providence College
- Adrian deCola, a resident of Southbury and student at Bates College
- Fernando Fabian, a resident of Hartford and student at Central Connecticut State University
- Matthew Goldman, a resident of Newington and student at Keene State College
- Cameron Hosack, a resident of Glastonbury and student at University of Connecticut
- Justin Mathew, a resident of Rocky Hill and student at Purdue University
- Tristan Morin, a resident of Unionville and student at Curry College
In addition, other recipients of the Foundation’s presented special named awards are:
- The Robert Langdon Award, given to a golf staff member or caddie working at the Hartford Golf Club, has been awarded to Cameron Hosack.
- The Owen Hart Memorial Award, given to a staff member who studies agronomy, horticulture, or medicine, has been awarded to Tristan Morin.
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford