Graduates of Conard and Hall high schools have been recognized by West Hartford Public Schools and American Legion Hayes-Velhage Post 96.
The West Hartford Public Schools and American Legion Hayes-Velhage Post 96 of West Harford have recognized 11 Graduates from Conard and Hall High Schools for their commitment to service in the United States Armed Forces.
The annual ceremony honoring Military Inductees is traditionally held at the Town Hall auditorium the Tuesday following Memorial Day but had to be cancelled this year due to COVID-19.
In recognition of their commitment each inductee received a special cord from West Hartford Public Schools to be worn at their graduation ceremony, and certificate of recognition and challenge coin from the American Legion.
Patrick Harrell, Post Commander of American Legion Post 96, said, “Recognition and acknowledgement of the commitment of these outstanding graduates to serve in our military is well deserved. We congratulate them and wish them success in the next phase of their lives.”
The following students were recognized for their commitment:
- Matthew Adam, Conard High School, Air Force ROTC, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Jameson Carnes, Hall High School, United States Air Force
- Jonah Chanthavong, Conard High School, United States Air Force
- Julian Flores, Conard High School, United States Naval Academy
- Facundo Garcia, Hall High School, United States Marine Corps
- Jacob Gregory, Conard High School, Army ROTC, University of Maine
- Joniel Lopez Ojeda, Conard High School, United States Air Force
- Brady Tober, Hall High School, Army ROTC, Virginia Tech
- Jacob Torres, Hall High School, United States Army
- Jamali Walker, Hall High School, United States Navy
- Tyler Staron, Conard High School, United States Army
The American Legion was chartered and incorporated by Congress in 1919 as a patriotic veterans organization devoted to mutual helpfulness. It is the nation’s largest wartime veterans service organization, committed to mentoring youth and sponsorship of wholesome programs in our communities, advocating patriotism and honor, promoting strong national security, and continued devotion to our fellow servicemembers and veterans
The American Legion Post 96 of West Hartford has been serving our Veterans and Community since 1922 and is open to all military veterans who have served honorably and military personnel currently on active duty. Further information is available at www.post96.org or by contacting the Post at Hayes-Velhage Post 96, P.O. Box 370160, West Hartford, CT. 06137-0160. Phone 860-233-9029.
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford! Click the blue button below to become a supporter of We-Ha.com and our efforts to continue producing quality journalism.