Leaders in health, nutrition, fitness, and beauty will gather for West Hartford’s first ‘Wine, Women, Wellness (& Shopping)’ night at Essential Health on Park Road, Thursday, Dec. 12, from 7 to 9 p.m.
By Joy Taylor
There will be wine, mingling, pole dancing, and shopping at this event focused on women, coming to Park Road on Dec. 12.
In all, there will be 16 vendors in house. You’ll have so much fun, you may not notice that you’ll learn a few things, too.
Yes, that may just include pole dancing. More on that later.
In many households, women are the “gatekeepers” for their family’s health, meaning they are often the people in charge of making the important choices and changes that effect the health of their children and family members. “In our practice, we see patients of all ages, and of course we treat men and women, but it tends to be the women who drive the changes in health and wellness choices,” said Dr. Allison Mendelson (Dr. Allie), co-owner of Essential Health.
Dr. Allie collaborated with Dr. Lauren Young, Naturopathic Physician and owner of Collaborative Natural Health Partners to come up with an event that would make learning about healthier ways to eat and live fun and interesting.
By creating an evening event, with wine and snacks, they are setting the tone for a relaxing and informative night.
The two will gather with other leaders in health, nutrition, and beauty for the first ever “Wine, Women, Wellness (& Shopping)” night at Essential Health on Thursday, Dec. 12, from 7 to 9:00 p.m. This “open house” style event will include opportunities to meet and greet practitioners and to learn about products and services to take care of your family naturally.
“When making those life-altering decisions, it’s important to be informed,” added Dr. Allie.
The doctors invited experts from Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine West Hartford to be at the event to explain their services. Reformed Nutrition will show visitors that eating healthy can still taste good with some healthy holiday cookie ideas, offering samples while supplies last. Plus, as the title suggests, being healthy doesn’t have to be bland and boring, so the event will spotlight a healthy wine option, and will include some natural and delicious complimentary snacks for the visitors.
Additionally some artisans from our community will have some great gifts for sale.
Lisa Maree Designs has handmade, one-of-a-kind bags, pouches and purses. And SaraRose Aroma Jewelry is beautifully handmade right in Hartford, to name a few.
Now, about that pole dancing. Pole Control Studios (Academy Aerial Arts of New England) claims “you’ll have so much fun, you’ll forget you’re working out!” Visitors will have a chance to try out a “candy cane” pole at this event!
The event is free, but registration is encouraged to help with attendee estimate. The complete event line up includes:
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Dr. Allison Mendelson, Chiropractor/Owner Essential Health
- Dr. Lauren Young, Naturopathic Physician with Collaborative Natural Health Partners
- Hunter and Lauren Bahre, Reformed Nutrition, Healthy Holiday Cookies
- Dr. Stephanie Brown, Optometrist
- April Beaman, CT Thermography
- Tom Kassan, DPT, OCS, COMT and Allison Condo Transitional Rehab Specialist with Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine West Hartford.
- Maria Bustamante, LMT, CMLDT with her Massage Chair
- Beth Melzen, Dental Hygienist and BURST Ambassador
- Adriana Hilerio, LCSW & Health Coach
- Joy Taylor, doTERRA Wellness Advocate
- Holly Woods, Owner & Instructor Pole Control Studios
- Lisa Lazarus & Michelle Parker, Yoga
SHOPPING & PAMPERING
- Alicia Simons-Rogers, Jewelry
- Lisa Maree, Lisa Maree Designs (bags, pouches)
- Sarah Rose, Sarah Rose Aroma Jewelry
- Taia Cesana, The Austin Bracelet Company
- Thulan Nail Retreat
- Plus LuLu natural cosmetic specials and more TBA.
FOOD & DRINK SAMPLES
- Wine samples of FitVine California Wine
- Healthy treats including chocolate, cheese, and more
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford!