Multiple units responded to Kingswood Oxford School in West Hartford on Monday afternoon for a report of smoke.
By Ronni Newton
The West Hartford Fire Department responded to a report of smoke in one of the buildings on the campus of Kingswood Oxford School in West Hartford on Monday afternoon, and quickly determined that the cause was an overheated elevator controller, Chief Greg Priest said.
The incident was reported at 4:31 p.m. Police arrived on scene at 4:33 p.m., and firefighters arrived at 4:36 p.m., Priest said.
Priest said that multiple units responded, but it was quickly determined that there was not a fire, but just smoke from the overheated elevator controller.
The occupants of the building were displaced for a short period of time while the smoke was cleared from the area. Students were being dismissed at the time, and there was some inconvenience, but no injuries.
The incident was brought under control quickly, Priest said.
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford!