In 2016 the Fourth of July falls on a Monday, and most public and private offices are closed while many retail operations are open.
By Ronni Newton
Monday, July 4, 2016, is a Federal holiday, and most non-retail businesses will be closed in observance of Independence Day.
Trash and recycling collection will be delayed by one day for the week of July 4-8. Monday’s collections will be done on Tuesday, Tuesday’s collections will be done on Wednesday, with each remaining day of the week one day later. Visit the website www.painesinc.com or call Paine’s, Inc. at (860) 844-3000 with any questions.
The following will be closed on Monday:
- West Hartford Town Hall and other town offices
- West Hartford Public Library
- State offices
- Most banks
- Financial markets
- State Courts
- Federal offices
- United States Post Office
The following will be open on Monday but may have special hours of operation:
- Westfarms will be open on Monday, July 4, from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Many retails stores, but checking in advance is advised
- Most drug stores
- Most liquor stores
- Most supermarkets
- West Hartford parks and public pools at Beachland, Fernridge, Kennedy, and Eisenhower parks, as well as splash pads at West Hartford parks
- State and municipal parks
Enjoy the holiday!
Like what you see here? Click here to subscribe to We-Ha’s newsletter so you’ll always be in the know about what’s happening in West Hartford!